dump using entire logical drive

nnBackup discussion

dump using entire logical drive

Postby lee » Thu, 20 Jul 2006, 23:05

i am having problems getting "dump" mode to work correctly. it seems to work fine as long as the input (-i) parameter refers to a folder -- but i'm trying to back up an entire logical drive. when i do this, the results seem to be almost random. a "dump 0" works fine, but a "dump 1" never works correctly. sometimes it yields a full backup (same as "dump 0"), other times it produces an incremental backup that consists of a lot of files that have not been changed since the "dump 0". i can't figure out any logic to it.

as a sidenote, there appears to be a DUMPDATES.TXT file that i'm guessing is a control file that determines what should and should not be backed up -- but i can't find any documentation on it. anyway, if it is in fact crucial to this process, it's also being updated somewhat at random -- which might explain why the "dump 1" is not working correctly.
lee

Postby wrybread » Thu, 22 Feb 2007, 02:30

I'm wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem...
wrybread

Postby wrybread » Thu, 01 Mar 2007, 01:51

Too bad, this appears to be intractable. I emailed support as well and never heard back.

I'm now using Robocopy instead, which has added the switch /MAXLAD, which is ignore files older than a certain date, which allows me to simulate the dump command nicely.
wrybread

Postby Valery_Kondakoff » Fri, 23 Nov 2007, 13:49

Please, try the latest beta to see, if hat issue is already fixed.

http://www.nncron.ru/forums/viewforum.php?f=3
CU
VK
Valery_Kondakoff
Site Admin

Return to nnBackup forum (English)